EMR | Electronic Medical Records
Electronic Medical Records (EMRs) are a digital version of the paper charts in the clinician’s office.
An EMR contains the patient’s medical history, diagnoses and treatments by a particular physician, nurse practitioner, specialist, dentist, surgeon or clinic. It allows clinicians to track data over time. It can easily identify which patients are due for preventative screenings or checkups, check how their patients are doing on certain parameters — such as blood pressure readings or vaccinations — and monitor and improve overall quality of care within the practice.
EHR | Electronic Health Records
Electronic Health Records (EHRs) do all the things done by EMRs — and more. EHRs focus on the total health of the patient — going beyond standard clinical data collected in the provider’s office and include a broader view on a patient’s care. EHRs are designed to reach out beyond the health organization to share information with other healthcare providers, such as hospitals, pharmacies, specialists, insurance companies and laboratories. Ideally, an EHR contains information from all the clinicians involved in the patient’s care.
How Electronic Medical Records are Differ from Electronic Health Records?
It’s easy to remember the distinction between EMRs and EHRs, if you think about the term “medical” versus the term “health.” An EMR is a narrower view of a patient’s medical history, while an EHR is a more comprehensive report of the patient’s overall health.
Basic Difference between EMRs and EHRs:
- An EMR is mainly used by providers for diagnosis and treatment.
- EMRs are not designed to be shared outside the individual practice.
- EHRs are designed to share a patient’s information with authorized providers and staff from more than one organization.
- EHRs allow a patient’s medical information to move with them to specialists, labs, imaging facilities, emergency rooms and pharmacies, as well as across state lines.
Best EMR EHR Software, Services & Mobile App Development Company
DreamSoft4U Pvt Ltd | A TeleHealth, Software Development Company in USA . It provides the best HealthCare software Solutions, HealthCare IT services at very reasonable cost all over the world. If you are the one, who are eagerly looking for the healthcare software development company, wherever it’s in USA, Australia, UAE or UK we can assist you.
- Call DS4U USA (+1)-949-340-7490
- Call DS4U IN (+91) 969-44-222-33
- Mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skype DreamSoft4u